Friday

Reflecting on 11 tools

I'm at the finish line. I have really enjoyed this course, it was so much fun to learn and create images, videos, etc. The most exciting part is that I was able to take my time and really process all the wonderful tools that I will be teaching my students this year. It was also a wonderful idea to take this course over the summer. I was able to relax and enjoy my
summer with my family. Some days were tougher than others though. My daughter ran around pulling me away from the computer or turning oFF my computer to play or read to her. She even told me, "Hurry up mommy and fimish it so we can go swim". Some of my favorite tools are Jing, Diigo, Smilebox, Skype, Animoto, ipad and Google docs. Oh! I think they are all my favorite, too many to choose from. I plan to use PhotoStory/Animoto for my students to summarize stories. My students will use Jing to capture images for Social Studies or Science projects. Diigo is already a hot tool on my computer. I have many bookmarks, just love how much easier it is access my most used websites from any computer.

I remember being so excited when I learned that we would be required to take a technology course over the course of the summer. I thought finally, just what I have been waiting for. I was surprised however at how long it would take me to complete this course. I kept having aha moments and began creating videos, lessons, and capturing images for the school year. I am looking forward to a techno savvy school year, 2010-11 at its best.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see bilingual teachers becoming tech savvy online! Keep it up! If you are interested, we also blog about bilingual education over at multilingualmania.com and are planning on adding additional resources for teachers!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Search This Blog