Friday

Tool # 11 Digital Citizenship

I teach my students to be honest, respectful and responsible. I have the traits of a hero, classroom rules, and science rules instilled in my students and posted in my classroom as a daily reminder. We will be adding digital citizen rules to the list, a must. The three things I will make sure my students understand about being a good digital citizen are first knowing the importance of online safety, plagiarism and cyberbulleying. I will play a big part as well as my student's parents in making sure that they are staying safe online and not sharing personal information. They will also need to know that using someone else’s work as their own from sites is considered cheating (plagiarism). Finally, recognizing cyberbulleying. I will use sources like brain pop videos and others available on the SBISD Educational Technology website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog